Creative Craft Retreat 2016
- A chance to socialise with friends new and old in a relaxed environment.
- A weekend just for you to indulge in all things creative.
- Work on your own project or join a weekend-long class.
- Most projects on offer can be completed over the weekend, leaving you with new skills and a sense of achievement, as well as your wonderful new craft creation!
- Organised by Toowoomba Community Baptist Church.
- Free time.
- Short “Thought for the Day” segments.
- Talk by guest speaker, Debbie Blencowe, sharing her journey as an educator and a mother, overcoming the challenges of adoption. You will laugh, you will cry, and you will be inspired!
- A craft stall, giving you the chance to spoil yourself or a friend with a gift, or to make some pocket money by selling craft items you have made. For the opportunity to sell your goods, a small fee will be charged, which will go towards Destiny Rescue.
- Create a name tag before you come (or bring an old one), that you can wear for the weekend. It can be from any medium and as simple or elaborate as you like – let your imagination run wild!
- Time out for yourself, no meals to cook!
- Learn a new craft or have time to complete your own project.
- Spend time with friends or make new ones.
- Be inspired.
- Women of all ages.
- Mums can bring teenage daughters (14+) to share the creative fun.
- Mums with babies under 12 months - limited amount of special accommodation available, though there will be no child care provided. We are unable to cater for children older than 12 months.
- Friday to Sunday, 14 to 16 October 2016.
- Sign-in from 7.00pm for a 7:45pm start Friday evening.
- Concludes 1.30 pm Sunday afternoon.
- Lake Perseverance Recreation Centre, Perseverance Dam, near Crows Nest.
- Peaceful bush setting.
- Ensuited cabins sleep three - six to a room.
- Excellent facilities including sporting equipment to use in free time.
- Choices! Choose the craft you would like to do for the weekend from these:
- Tip: When you get to the online form you might need to scroll to find the craft class you want in the options.
- If you want to share a room with friends, there is a question asking for their names on the Registration form and we will do our best to room you together.
- Fill out the online registration form with your payment of $135, by Monday 26 September, 2016. If finances are a problem for you, please contact us to discuss options.
- You should receive an email within 10 minutes confirming your registration. Make sure you check your Spam folder in case it goes there accidentally.
- Once registrations close, or before if possible, we will send you an email confirming the craft class you have been allocated to, information regarding the Craft retreat, and details for the craft stall. The email will answer most, if not all, of the questions that you may have, so if you have not received it by the 1 October, please email us.
- Before you know it, it will be time to make your way to Craft Retreat. See you there!